Mar 06 2014
Alan Frendy Koropitan, Ph.D.
Associate Prof. in Oceanography
Department of Marine Science and Technology
Bogor Agricultural University (IPB)
Kampus IPB Darmaga, Bogor 16680 Indonesia
Tel. /Fax: +62-251-8623644
Director of Center for Oceanography and Marine Technology
- Postdoctoral, Biogeochemical cycle group, Department of Geology and Geophysics, University of Minnesota, USA, 2009
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Graduate School of Environmental Science, Hokkaido University, Japan, 2008
- MS Degree, Oceanography and Atmospheric Science, Department of Meteorology and Geophysics, Institute of Technology, Bandung, 2003
- BS Degree, Marine Science, Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science, Bogor Agricultural University, 1998
Fisheries Oceanography, Ocean Biogeochemical Dynamic, Modeling Complexities in Fisheries, Ocean Modeling, Climate Change.
- Reader on Maritime Issues at Thamrin School of Climate Change and Sustainability (http://thamrinschool.net/pengelola/)
- Vice Coordinator of Marine Task Force. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Indonesia (IPCC-Indonesia), Ministry of Environment, 2014
- Study Committee Member. Developing of Indonesian Science Agenda 2045, Indonesian Academy of Science (AIPI), 2014 – 2015
- Member of Study Team. National Planning on Archipelagic State Development of Indonesia, National Agency for Planning and Development (BAPPENAS), 2014
- Adviser. Marine Ecosystem and Climate Change, Civil Society Forum for Climate Justice Indonesia, 2013 – present
- Adviser. Marine Ecosystem and Climate Change, Indonesian Fisher Folks Association (KNTI), 2013 – present
- Adviser. Marine Ecosystem and Climate Change, The people’s Coalition for Fisheries Justice (KIARA), 2013 – present
- Adviser. Development of Roadmap in Ocean Science and Technology, Ministry of Fishery and Marine Affairs, 2013
- Adviser. Development of National Science Plan on Blue Carbon, Agency for Research and Development, Ministry of Fishery and Marine Affairs, 2013
- Member of Study Team. Development Planning on National Fishery Industry, National Agency for Planning and Development (BAPPENAS), 2010
- Indonesian Association of Oceanologists (ISOI), 2012 – present
- American Geopysical Union, 2008 – 2012
Training and Visiting Fellow
- Marine analytics and Data. Kiel-Germany, August 2013
- Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, Yokohama-Japan, July 2012
- Advanced school on complexity, adaptation and emergence in marine ecosystem. International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste – Italy, 18 – 27 October 2010
- Center for Marine Environmental Studies, Ehime University, Japan, November 2010
- P/ICES Early Career Scientist conference: New Frontiers in Marine Science, Baltimore, USA. Hosted by University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, June 2007
- Course on Climate Variability Studies in the Ocean “Tracing and Modelling the Ocean Variability”, Miramare-Trieste, Italy. Hosted by the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, June 2003
- Koropitan, A. F. Evaluation 2013 and Outlook 2014 for Indonesian Marine and Fisheries. Press Conference, People Coalition on Fisheries Justice (KIARA). Jakarta, Januari 2014
- Koropitan, A. F. Role of blue carbon in marine (anthropogenic) carbon budget in the CTI Region (Indonesian seas). International Workshop on Blue Carbon, Jakarta, 10-11 December 2013
- Koropitan, A. F. Climate Crisis from Science to Reality and Policy: If not now then when? Workshop on Equitable and Low-Carbon Society: Aspiration and Strategies for Southeast Asia, Bangkok, 18-19 November 2013
- Koropitan, A. F. Challenges and Opportunities: a household waste management in terms of climate change adaptation. International Symposium on Coastal Cities, Marine Resources and Climate Change in the Coral Triangle. University of Indonesia, 5 July 2013
- Koropitan, A. F., T. Prartono and M. Parengkuan. Influences of physical processes on biogeohemical fluxes in the Indonesian seas. Annual Scientific Meeting IX – Indonesian Oceanographic Society. Lombok, 22 – 24 October 2012
- Koropitan, A. F., Afdal and R. Kaswadji. CO2 flux in the Indonesian coastal waters; Case study on Mangrove, Coral Reef and Estuarine Waters. Synthesis of South and Southeast Asian greenhouse gases budgets, 2nd APN Workshop on Asian Greenhouse Gases Budget, Bogor, October 2012.
- Koropitan, A. F., M. Ikeda, K. Matsumoto, P. Suciawati and I. M. Radjawane. Estimation of carbon riverine input and transport in the Java-Flores seas. International Workshop on Asian Greenhouse Gases Budgets; Ahmedabad, India, 27–29 September 2011
- Koropitan, A. F., M. Ikeda and K. Matsumoto. Modeling biogeochemical fluxes in the Indonesian seas. The First Indonesian-American Kavli Frontier of Sciences Symposium. National Academy of Sciences and Indonesian Academy of Sciences. Bogor July 9-11, 2011, Indonesia.
- Koropitan, A. F. “Marine vulnerability index mapping: climate change impact and implication to policy”. Annual Scientific Meeting VII – The Oceanographic Society of Indonesia. Bangka, 6 – 7 October 2010
- Koropitan, A. F. “Study on influences of physical processes and anthropogenic fluxes on biogeochemical cycling in the Indonesian seas.” INDOMIX cruse seminar 2010, Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science, Bogor Agricultural University, 21 June 2010
- Koropitan, A. F. “Numerical model approach for fishery management in Indonesia. International Symposium on South East Asia Pacific Environment and Satelite Remote Sensing, Center for Remote Sensing and Ocean Science, Udayana University, March 8-9, 2010 Bali, Indonesia,
- Koropitan, A. F. and K. Matsumoto. “’Modeling baroclinic Tides in the Western Flores Sea and Lombok Strait: Influences of Monsoon Winds and Co-Oscillation Tides in the Java Sea”, Poster presentation, AGU Fall Meeting, December 13-15, 2008 San Francisco, USA.
- Koropitan, A. F. and M. Ikeda. “Three-dimensional simulation of a coupled hydrodynamic-biogeochemical model in the Java Sea”, Oral presentation, IUGG XXIV General Assembly July 2-13, 2007 Perugia, Italy
- Koropitan, A. F. and M. Ikeda. “Three-dimensional modeling of tidal circulation and mixing over the Java Sea”, Poster Presentation, IUGG XXIV General Assembly July 2-13, 2007 Perugia, Italy
- Koropitan A. F., M. Ikeda, A. Damar and Y. Yamanaka. ”Influences of physical processes on the ecosystem of Jakarta Bay: a coupled physical-ecosystem model experiment”, Poster Presentation, P/ICES Early Career Scientist conference, June 26-29, 2007 Baltimore, USA
- Koropitan, A. F., M. Ikeda and Y. Yamanaka. “Influence of forest fires on the Java Sea carbon exchange: results from a one-dimensional biogeochemical model”, Oral Presentation, Workshop on “Vulnerability of Carbon Pools of Tropical Peatlands in Asia”, January 2006, Riau, Indonesia.
- Koropitan, A. F., S. Hadi and I. M. Radjawane. “Three-dimensional simulation of tidal current in Lampung Bay: diagnostic numerical experiments”, Oral Presentation, International Symposium on Remote Sensing and Ocean Sciences in South and East Asia, September 2003, Udayana University, Bali, Indonesia.
- Koropitan, A. F., R. Kaswadji, I. M. Radjawane and S. Hadi. “Aquatic ecosystem modeling in Pelabuhan Ratu Bay”, Oral Presentation, Pan Ocean Remote Sensing Conference (PORSEC), September 2002, Bali, Indonesia
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.